Brigby posted some huge news tonight over on the forum, with the deceptively simple title of “Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards“… starting with R140 (which will be hitting app stores next week), specific 5* covers will be earnable as champion rewards for certain 4* champions.
- Three 4*s will be getting the update initially, with more to be added in the future:
- Vulture will reward Spider-Man (Peter Parker), beginning Nov. 20
- Medusa will reward Black Bolt, beginning Nov. 28
- Gamora will reward Thanos, beginning Nov. 30
- The covers will replace the Legendary Token rewards at the following reward levels: 280, 300, 320, 340, 350, and 360.
- Players who have already earned these rewards will receive any cover they would have gotten immediately when the change is made.
- For example, players with a level 300 Vulture will receive the Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Stick Around and Arachnid Agility covers.
- PVP events for Vulture, Medusa and Gamora will start running the day of their reward change, in order to give players more ways to earn those champion levels.
Brigby also posted the Pre-Release Notes for R140, and there’s a new feature coming for mobile…
- Improved UI Element: The AP Bar
- The bar has been updated to make the amount of AP required to activate powers more clear.
- A tab has been added to the top left of the AP Bar that reveals how much AP each team has. This remains expanded until minimized by tapping the arrow above the bar again.
- When AP is received, the amount of AP that is received is displayed above the AP Bar. When the bar is expanded, the AP is displayed in the expanded portion of the bar.
Collapsed AP Bar
Expanded AP Bar
On Enemy AP Gain
On Friendly AP Gain
Other R140 changes will include the following:
- The Hulk (The Main Event)’s power Grand Entrance will end the battle normally if the resulting effect from the power results in the entire enemy team being downed.
- Kaeculius can no longer take damage from Deadpool (It’s me, Deadpool)’s power Whales, Whales, Whales
- Characters that you own but do not meet the required level are greyed out in the roster select screen, instead of not being visible.
- The tile in the tile tooltip no longer appears to be interactable.
- Players who do not want to be signed into Play Games services will not be prompted to do so every time they log in.