The D3 forums have posted the pre-release notes for next version of MPQ, R134. This means this update will most likely hit the various app stores/steam this coming Monday or Tuesday.
Here’s a look at the notes…
“Tug of War Champion!”
There is a brand new special tile – the repeater tile – that behaves similarly to countdown tiles. They replace all countdown tiles that go back up to their base number when they go off, doing the exact same thing. But, they will not be targeted by powers which specifically target countdown tiles, so some combos will not work, such as Agent Coulson and Ghost Rider. These powers will now create repeater tiles instead of countdowns:
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) – Flame Jet
- Human Torch (Classic) – Flame Jet
- Black Panther (T’Challa) – Defense Grid
- The Punisher (Dark Reign) – Molotov Cocktail
- Blade (Daywalker) – Nightstalker
- Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) – Hellfire
- Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) – Rocket’s Pack
Here is an image of what the tile will look like:
Here are the other changes/bug fixes:
- Character powers that can change into a different power will work correctly in Wave missions.
- The character with the highest health will now stay in front in situations where multiple characters have an active power that moves them to the front.
- Powers that stun a random character will now increase their stunned turn duration if the character was already stunned.
- When a player has two of the same character at the same level, the character that was selected last time will be selected by default for the battle when you, the player, enters the Character Select screen.
- STEAM Only: Selecting the empty space above the back arrow in the Recruit Heroes screen will no longer take you to the Resources screen.